Today I’m uploading a crochet pattern, that it wasn’t designed by me, I just gave it a touch of geekiness :) It is a baby shoes pattern created by a brazilian hooker called Nélia Botelho, who owns the blog Magia do Crochê. The pattern is originaly in portuguese (br), but I translated it to make it easier for you guys :) The original pattern with a photo tutorial is available on her blog:
So, the idea to make a bulbasaur baby shoes came from the need to make a cute gift for my friend, who likes pokemon and, recently, gave birth to a little girl. Considering those facts, I thought that a bulbasaur shoes it would be a great gift ^^
You guys can also make any other pokemon, like squirtle :D
– 3mm crochet hook (I used 2mm crochet hook);
– 2 buttons;
– Scissors and tapestry needle;
– White and black felt;
– Red, black and white fabric paint;
– Thin Paintbrush;
– Contact glue.
– The original pattern has a photo tutorial. Please visit Nélia’s blog if you want to see these photos.
– Shoe sole (oval shape – any doubts take a look on the photos in her blog):
Row 1: ch 16, make 4 dc in the 4th ch from hook, then make 11 dc, one in each ch, after that make 5 dc in the last chain, then make 11 dc in the bottom of each chain and join with a sl st to the 3th chain in the beginning. (32)
Row 2: ch 3 (counts as one dc), make one dc in each dc, except in the group of 5 dc located in each curve. In each one of these 5 dc you are agoing to make an increase, which will leave you at the end with ten dc in each curve, Finish the row with a sl st. (42)
Row 3: ch 3 and make one dc in each dc, except in the two dc located in the middle of each curve, where you are going to make an increase in each of the two dc. Finish the row with a sl st. (46)
Row 4: ch3, crochet one dc in the back loop of each dc (46)
Row 5-6: make one dc in each dc (46)
– Now, place one marker between the two dc in the point where it is going to be the front of the shoe. from that marker count 12 dc for each side and put a marker on the 12th stitch of each side. At the end you have 24 stitches to the front of the shoe and 22 to the heel.
Row 7: Attach the yarn in the 12th stitch you marked and make one dc in each dc (this is going to be the back od the shoe, where is located the heel) (22)
Row 8: make one dc in each dc (22)
Row 9: ch 14 and make make 10 sc from the 5th ch from the hook. (the little hole is going to be the button hole). After that, make onde sc on each dc of the heel. Leave a long tail of this yarn and cut it.
– To make the front of the shoe attach the yarn to the stitch on the base next of the heel part and make one sc. Then decrease until the last stitch, make one sc. (12)
– ch 1, turn and make one sc, after that decrease until the last stitch, make one sc. (6)
– ch 1, turn and make one sc and decrease until the last stitch and make one sc. Cut the yarn and finish off.
– Pick up the yarn you left on the Row 9 and make some sc in each sc of the front of the shoe.
– Ears (make 4 ):
Row 1: ch 4, sc 3 (3)
Row 2: dec, sc (2)
Row 3: dec (1)
Sew two together.
1. Sew his ears to the front of the shoe as shown in the photos;
2. Cut some white felt to make the eyes;
3. Paint the iris with red fabric paint and then the pupil with white paint;
4. Glue them to the front of the shoes with contact glue;
5. Pick up some green yarn and embroider 3 green spots as shown in the photos;
6. Cut his mouth and nose from the black felt and glue them to his face;
7. Use black fabric paint to make two small expression lines, each one near each eye;
8. Sew the buttons.
I did not created this character, Bulbasaur is copyright of Nintendo!!
I did not created this pattern, which was created by Nélia Botelho!!
|1. Please do not share this pattern as it were mine. It is a creation of Nélia Botelho. I just translated it and customized it to make a Bulbasaur shoe.|